Wednesday, March 24, 2010

LLWWC31 - Make Your Own Flowers

It's Wednesday and you know what this means! I have TWO challenges for you today! Please click HERE to see the Paper Pretties Challenge / Birthday hop.



Welcome to another La La Weekly Wednesday Challenge!

Our hostess this week is Kim!
This week's challenge is MAKE YOUR OWN FLOWERS

Before I get to my card, I just wanted to thank all those who participated in our challenge last week AND used a La-La Land Crafts stamp. Please remember that in order to qualify for TOP 3, you need to use a La-La Land Crafts image. If you do not have any of our stamps yet, you can start your collection by purchasing one or more of our new digi stamps! Digi stamps are now available in our online store. Awesome news for anyone who prefer rubber... these digis are now in RUBBER!! You can find them HERE.

Here is LOTUS sitting pretty for The Pink Elephant Challenge 59 and Creative Card Crew Challenge 46 (Going Dotty).

Here's the sketch from The Pink Elephant:




I've made these flowers in the past (2007) using the Three For You punch (SU). I use my fingernail to rough up the edges and as the petals soften, it begins to separate. I push the top layer up and push both layers in the middle to crease it a bit. Very easy to do once you get the hang of it. I  used the larger hole punch on my Crop-A-Dile to create the centers for each flower. Then I added a drop of glue to each center and added micro beads.

You can see my original flowers HERE on Splitcoaststampers.

Here's a closeup of the flowers that I made today:



Here's a closeup of Lotus:


Thank you for stopping by!
Be sure to go visit La-La Land Crafts and join in on the fun!
I can't wait to see your handmade flowers!


8 comments:

Elena said...

This card is so sweet, Jane! And I just love the flowers you created! Really, really liked your idea! :)

Kristine said...

LOVE your card Jane!! I almost used this PE sketch as well... you did a fantastic job with it! Love your cute li'l flowers too *Ü*

1LuvnMama said...

Wow Jane! Luv Lotus on your card! Those are such cute teeny flowers but luv how they just pop!

Sparkplug17 said...

Such a lovely card! I love the vibrant colors.

Jana Weaver said...

As you know, I LOVE this card! It turned out gorgeous!!!!

Linanna DESIGNS said...

Good morning Jane, wow what a fabulous card, loving your hand made flowers they are gorgeous as is your image! hugs Linda x

Irina Blount said...

Very PRETTY!!! Love the colors of your card and the flowers with microbeads for the centers!!!
Hugs!!
:) Irina

Michelle said...

Really love how this turned out! Gorgeous!!!!