Sunday, February 24, 2008

Planet Hollywood's Captain Crunch Chicken

I saw this on another SBS11 sister's blog and just had to give it a try.

YUMMY!!



Stephanie, my boys LOVE it! Thank you!



Stephanie's Planet Hollywood's Captain Crunch Chicken Recipe has an option to bake in the oven instead of frying. With my little ones playing around in the kitchen, it's much safer to bake than to fry! Thank you for that! Her recipe also has an awesome sounding Honey Mustard sauce on it. I didn't get a chance to give it a try today. My boys wouldn't touch it with a ten foot pole. I will try it sometime soon for myself though.





PLANET HOLLYWOOD'S CAPTAIN CRUNCH CHICKEN



2-1/2 cups Captain Crunch Cereal - do not use the one with pink berries... unless you want pink chicken. LOL! "Ewww" is right, Stephanie!

1 cup corn flakes

1 egg

1/2 cup milk

1/2 cup flour

1 teaspoon onion powder

1 teaspoon garlic powder

1/2 teaspoon black pepper

2 pounds chicken breast, cut in 1-oz. tenders

Preheat the oven to 325 degrees

* I think this varies from oven to oven... 350 was too hot the first time in my oven.





1. Coarsely grind or crush the two cereals and set aside.



Photobucket



2. Beat the egg with milk and set aside.



Photobucket



3.Stir together the flour, onion and garlic powders and black pepper; set aside



Photobucket



4. Dip the chicken: pieces in the seasoned flour and coat well; shake off the excess flour.



Photobucket





5. Dip in the egg wash, coating well.



Photobucket





6. Dip in the cereal mixture, coating well.



Photobucket





7. Place on lined cookie sheet. I used my Silpat mat. Stephanie's recipe mentions a sheet of foil. Whatever you normally use to bake your chicken tenders on will work.



Photobucket



Bake at 325 degrees for 15 minutes. Yield: 4 to 6 servings.





Happy cooking and bon appétit!

Jane

1 comments:

Andria said...

I saw the recipe too. My fave cereal of all time is captain crunch! I love your step by step pics!