Friday, May 02, 2008

3-D Friday - So berry special strawberries! ~ Monday's Fun Day Winner too!

If you are looking for a site for templates galore, search no more!
Paperscrapz has a variety of templates for cards, scrapbooking, and projects (like the strawberry that I am going to show you today.)

I will call these my "So Berry Special Strawberries".

The strawberry template was submitted to Paperscrapz by Sherry Brickey.

I printed it out and cut out the patterns. Then I enlarged each 150%.

Place the strawberry template to red backside of the cherry paper from Summer Picnic DSP and trace it with a pencil. Then cut it out.

Photobucket
Photobucket

Turn it over and use the black scoring blade on your paper cutter and score each petal to the middle point as well as the end tab.

Photobucket
Photobucket

It should look like this when you are done:

Photobucket

Take a sponge dauber and ink it up in Real Red. Distress the edges for shading and punch holes.

Photobucket
Photobucket

Take the leaf template and place it on textured Wild Wasabi card stock. Trace it with a pencil. Cut it out and distress the edges with a sponge dauber that has been inked up in Wild Wasabi. Punch hole in the middle.

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

Add a strip of sticky tape to the end tab on the strawberry cut out.
Attach end tab to the inside of the other end of the cut out.


Photobucket
Photobucket

Thread about 11" of Old Olive poly-twill ribbon through the holes of the strawberry cut out. Tighten the top as you go. Fill the inside just before you close it up tight. I filled mine up with watermelon, cherry, and apple Jolly Rancher candies. It makes this smell so fruity!

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

Take the leaf cut out and use your fingers to curl the ends a little. If you gently rub it between your thumb and forefinger, the warmth of your fingers will help curl the ends without creasing the card stock.

Photobucket
Photobucket

Attach the leaf cut out to the strawberry box by threading both ends of the ribbon through the hole. Tie a double knot up on top.

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

I hope you think these are "so berry special" strawberries and find this tutorial helpful!



*****************************************************************************

Monday's Fun Day winner!

This one is from:
RANDOM.ORG
Random Integer Generator
Here are your random numbers:

21
Timestamp: 2008-05-03 06:42:13 UTC

That makes Veronica (So Many Stamps, So Little Time) my next Monday's Fun Day winner! Congratulations! Email me (whoopsie.daisy@sbcglobal.net) and I will get your package out in the mail on Monday!

24 comments:

~amy~ said...

What a stinkin' CUTE strawberry!!! I LOVE it!

Donna Baker said...

this is ADORABLE! totally love it

Christine said...

Wow that is soo cute! TFS!

Bunny B said...

Great tutorial! That's adorable!!!

Karen said...

Did you hear me shriek!!!! This are so fabulous I can't even stand it. I am going to have to try these.

Joni M said...

Darn! I didn't win.. LOL! Congrats to Veronica.
That strawberry is so cute! I'm trying to think of some occasion I can use that for!

Linda SS said...

I love these! Thanks for the tutorial as I'll be making this for sure:)

Becky Carafa said...

I love this! So cute, and it doesn't look too hard!

StinkerbellSteph said...

This is so darling & love how you did the inking on the edges.

Happy Anniversary for you & Kevin! Hope you have a great day, evening & many years to follow!

gillyflower said...

what a brilliant tutorial and super strawberry so tasty
gill

Anonymous said...

I love it! Super-cute!

xoxox Amy

Carolina said...

Yeay, the tutorial is up!!! You so rocked these and guess who thinks you made it for him? Yup, "para mi tia?" LOL!

Hope you're having a wonderful anniversary!!!

Carla said...

Jane, that is just about the cutest gift box I've ever seen! And your tutorial is simply amazing!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the strawberry tutorial... it looks so easy to do. I really prefer this type of tutorial to a video because you can study each photo to see what is happening, where a video just keeps right on going and you have to watch it more than once sometimes to understand the steps.

Swedie

Jenny said...

Thanks so much for sharing!! These are tooo cute!!!

Anonymous said...

Hello from Caracas, Venezuela. What a cute strawberry! I love it, but I can center the leaf with the strawberry, lol!

Sinead said...

how cute! Thanks for sharing!

cal8007 said...

I just found your blog via The Fruggal crafter. These are so neat! Thanks for the tutorial!
Carmen

Monica said...

Wonderful directions! The shading looks awesome! Thank you for the directions!

ScrappinCricut said...

That is so cute! I will have to make these for treats when my children and I go Strawberry Picking this summer. Thanks for the idea!

MommyLester said...

OMG, I'm going to make a bunch of these and hang them on the tree that I painted in my kids' room! It's gonna be SOOOOOO cute, even if strawberries DON'T normally grow on trees. lol. Thanks SOOOO much for sharing!

Kwebbel said...

Thank you so much for this cute strawberry! I love it so. I made some too, an I post a link from my blog to yours! I hope that is o.k. for you!

Lovely greetings from Germany
Susanne

Sandra said...

Just the tutorial I was looking for!! I found a picture of these and want to make them for my daughters strawberry shortcake 2nd birthday as favor boxes. So cute!!

Anonymous said...

Such a cute Idea*_*
I will take it as a birthday gift box~