I saw this on another SBS11 sister's blog and just had to give it a try.
Stephanie, my boys LOVE it! Thank you!
Stephanie's Planet Hollywood's Captain Crunch Chicken Recipe has an option to bake in the oven instead of frying. With my little ones playing around in the kitchen, it's much safer to bake than to fry! Thank you for that! Her recipe also has an awesome sounding Honey Mustard sauce on it. I didn't get a chance to give it a try today. My boys wouldn't touch it with a ten foot pole. I will try it sometime soon for myself though.
PLANET HOLLYWOOD'S CAPTAIN CRUNCH CHICKEN
2-1/2 cups Captain Crunch Cereal - do not use the one with pink berries... unless you want pink chicken. LOL! "Ewww" is right, Stephanie!
1 cup corn flakes
1/2 cup milk
1/2 cup flour
1 teaspoon onion powder
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
2 pounds chicken breast, cut in 1-oz. tenders
Preheat the oven to 325 degrees
* I think this varies from oven to oven... 350 was too hot the first time in my oven.
1. Coarsely grind or crush the two cereals and set aside.
2. Beat the egg with milk and set aside.
3.Stir together the flour, onion and garlic powders and black pepper; set aside
4. Dip the chicken: pieces in the seasoned flour and coat well; shake off the excess flour.
5. Dip in the egg wash, coating well.
6. Dip in the cereal mixture, coating well.
7. Place on lined cookie sheet. I used my Silpat mat. Stephanie's recipe mentions a sheet of foil. Whatever you normally use to bake your chicken tenders on will work.
Bake at 325 degrees for 15 minutes. Yield: 4 to 6 servings.
Happy cooking and bon appétit!
Sunday, February 24, 2008
What lies behind us and what lies before us
are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.
~ Oliver Wendell Holmes ~
One of my sisters from SBS11, Veronica, decided to hold a contest for one of her altered canvases where we had to pick a number between 1 and 100. When I picked #37, I never in my wildest dream, thought it would be the lucky number. Well, it wasn't. It just happened to be the closest "lowest" number to the actual number picked, #58. lol! Oh, HAPPY day! So, I chose the above quote with green tea / mellow moss green and anything that coordinates as my colors. Everything else I left up to Veronica.
Please take a moment to visit Veronica's beautiful Ramblings and Art blog to see my new and amazing canvas! It's appropriately named "What Lies Within Us".
Thank you, Veronica!
Posted by Jane Izumi Matsumoto at 5:39 PM