Tuesday, February 23, 2010

IDOS Winter Card Olympics FINAL EVENT - Every second counts!

Hello everyone, and welcome to our 5th and final Winter Card Olympics challenge here on I Dream of Stamping! This challenge is a TIME challenge. We are challenging you to make a card in 10 minutes (you get 15 if you need it... for example, Jana had a sleeping baby on her shoulder!) This is of course on the honor system, but we think you'll have fun seeing just what you can create in a time crunch!!


I have to admit that I did not count the coloring of my image into the time frame. It took me about five minutes to color this and then a couple of more minutes to cut it out. I did start the time as soon as I started to trim the image out. Somehow, I managed to whip this card up in just under 10 minutes! 15 minutes if you count the time it took to color with Copics. Oh my... you should see my craft room! It is a MESS!


I used one of my favorites... Pink Cat Studio! I used Fairy Lily from the Enchanted Lily. I found a few scraps of Sugar Rush (Basic Grey) designer paper in my collection and put them over white Stamper's Select (Papertrey) cardstock. I roughed up the edges quickly with my fingernail... no time to pull out any fancy tools! LOL! I take that back. I did pull out my ScallopTrim Border Punch (Stampin' Up) to quickly punch out a pretty border. Pretty in Pink satin ribbon (SU) completes the card and accents the wavy border along the bottom of the second layer.




Dazzling Diamonds glitter (SU) sparkles on Lily's fairy wings.
Copics used: 0, E0000, E00, E01, E17, R32, Y11, YG03, G03, G28, BG0000.



I ADORE Pink Cat Studio! I want to also take a moment to thank Melissa again for this post on her Pink Cat Studio Blog.
I had submitted a card for her Paper Piecing Contest in January and I won!!

Thank you!!

Okay! Now it's your turn!
Hop on over to I Dream of Stamping (IDOS) and check out the details!

Hugs!