Wednesday, December 23, 2009

La-La's Weekly Wednesday Challenge 18 - Anything but a card!

Hoooooray! It's wonderful Wednesday and that means two awesome challenges from Paper Pretties and La-Land Crafts! If you are looking for PWC83 - Nontraditional Valentine (no reds or pinks), then click HERE!

I hope you all had a chance to join the royal blog hop last week. It was so much fun! Thanks to all who stopped by and left me a comment. I have a winner to announce. But first, I need to let you know what our challenge this week is!

Our talented Kim Yu is hosting this week's challenge. LLWWC18 is ANYTHING BUT A CARD. Here's what Kim has to say about this challenge:


Now, for this week, I would like to challenge everyone to create ANYTHING BUT A CARD! I know everyone is quite busy at the moment with the Holiday but we hope you can come and play along! Why not make this a real challenge for yourself before the year ends? :D

To get you inspired, our awesome Design Team and Guest Designers have come up with a few samples for you! Check them out at La-La Land Crafts blog HERE!

My inspiration is from my Christmas tree. This year, the boys and I had decided to decorate our tree with the small gifts and treats that we have been receiving over the past couple of weeks. As a teacher, I get many handmade gifts from the children and I cherish all of them! In keeping with the handmade theme, I decided to make a few ornaments that I could fill with little goodies for the boys to open every day after Christmas until the New Year, when our Christmas tree comes down. This triangular ornament (treat holder) is one that I made during a make-and-take at the store by a demonstrator from a stamp company. It's so quick and easy to make! I will make up the tutorial on this later this week.


Here's what I came up with:






JOIN IN ON THE FUN!!!
I LOVE seeing all of the fabulous creations you all come up with!

Need some inspiration? Check out what our awesome DT and GDT have come up with!!!
Elena
Kathy
Katie
Kim
Kristine
Lisa
Maureen


NOW...
I have a winner of the Fairy Lala stamp from last week.
I drew a name from the box and I pulled:


KATHY WINTER

Congratulations, Kathy!
Please email me your mailing address. It's up in the sidebar under "About Me".



5 comments:

Irina Blount said...

Great project!! I will have to come back for the tutorial!! Congrats to Kathy!! Kathy, you are on a roll ;-)
Hugs!!
:) Irina

Suzy said...

I am waiting for tutorial:) in this time, i have something: not a card, but ornament. You can see it here

Unknown said...

Awesome project, Jane! I need to try one of these! Thanks for the inspiration!

Kristine said...

OH WOW!! Super cute triangle box Jane!! :) LOVE THAT! And oh my goodness, Kathy's going to be sooo HAPPY to see that she won your Fairy stamp! :) Her 'puter is in the shop for a few days, but she'll be at my house on Friday for CHristmas so I'll definately have her email ya! :)

Elena said...

Wonderful idea on decorating tree! Love the treat holder you created! So cute!