Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Oh, BABY!

This past weekend was my sister-in-law's baby shower.
It was so much fun preparing for it!
I was a little lost in that it was my first and probably only baby shower ever, but I think it turned out nicely.

The baby shower invitation:
Photobucket
Onesie Card Tutorial by Lauren Meader

My beautiful sister-in-law, Kari!
Photobucket

The favors:
Photobucket
The baby block holds a white chocolate mint truffle from See's. The square scallop inside the bag holds three Ghirardelli chocolate squares. The topper with the scallop circle is a See's pop.

The Strawberry Gingerale Cupcakes:
Photobucket


The Diaper Cake!
Photobucket
Photobucket

I can not wait to meet this baby! I have a niece, then there's my oldest son, then my nephew, and then my youngest son. So there has been three boys in a row. It will be SO much fun having a baby girl around! August... it's just around the corner!

Okay now...stay tuned for more!
I will be back later with the recipe for the Strawberry Gingerale Cupcakes and a general "how to" for the diaper cake.

Cheers!

15 comments:

~amy~ said...

A-dorable onesie card Jane!!!! What a baby shower!!! Strawberry Gingerale Cupcakes? Yummish!!! Sweet diaper cake too!

Lorie said...

Oh, my goodness Jane! This is all so beautiful and well arranged. Almost makes me wish I was pregnant...mmm...no, not really. LOL!

Linda SS said...

You certainly did a beautiful job hosting this baby shower. I loved the invitations and everything else you made for it:) Can't wait for you to post the recipe...those cupcakes are adorable and sound yummy. Best wishes to Kari & family.

gillyflower said...

wow you certainly did her proud so beautiful
gill

Joni M said...

What a fabulous party! I love all the attention you give to all the details. Everything is beautiful!
BTW, stop by my blog and see some photos of my big girl :o)

StinkerbellSteph said...

Wowza! you really did this party 1st class! Looks like a fabulous event w/so many gorgeous touches. Makes me wanna have a baby...only if it's a girl though ;) This is all just too cute!

Laurel said...

Cute onsie card, the colors are great! Every thing else just adds to it. What a fabulous job you did, I love that diaper cake!

jo said...

Look at those cupcakes! Kari is beautiful and that diaper cake looks great as does your card.

erica said...

OM GOSH! I love the shower! It looked so beautiful!!!!! Love it and thanks for sharing photos. i know who to call when I need tips for decorating and for making TO DIE FOR cards!
Hugs
erica

Jennifer E. said...

Looks like you planned a great shower to me! Everything is adorable & those cupcakes look so delish!

Carla said...

JANE!!! You are amazing! It looks like the shower was perfect in every detail!! The card is simply adorable!!

Ashli said...

Hi there! Are the baby block favors something that you made or did you buy them? Amazing job with the shower, everything looks beautiful?
awelsh30@yahoo.com

Carolina said...

Okay, WOW!!!! I can see where all your long hours went to and lovin' the cupcakes, sign me up for the recipe please...

The invites are beyond adorable - BTW, did you ever find the other stamps?

Jenn said...

oh wow Jane!!! You did a fabulous job for your first baby shower! I love the invitation and matching envie...too cute! And those cupcakes look delish and that diaper cake must a have take a long time! Everything looks fabulous!!! :D

Anonymous said...

Wow! What a great shower - you really took care of every detail. It's all so beautiful. How did everyone like the cupcakes?

xoxox Amy