Thursday, July 03, 2008

102.9 and 104.5

102.9 and 104.5 - not local radio stations that I'm endorsing, but the fevers that my youngest and I endured yesterday and today.

He got the chills mid morning and went down for a nap, which is pretty unusual for him. He woke up screaming and when I went in to check on him, he was like a heater to the touch. I took his temperature and it registered at 101.7. It just kept climbing until he hit 102.9. It was pretty scary but the doctor's office said that there was a viral thing going around where the fever hit with a punch and then once you could break it, then it goes away just as quickly.

That evening, both my husband and I started getting that achy feeling and sure enough, we woke up feeling dizzy. He never got the fever... lucky him! Unfortunately, I did and my fever hit 104.5 before it broke. No fun!!

Before I got sick, I got to play with my new Unity stamp set, Sweet Baby Boy.
Verve, a new member company over at SCS, is having a Starry Challenge until Tuesday, July 8th (Midnight ET)

Photobucket

Inside view of the card:
Photobucket

Photobucket

Stamps: Sweet Baby Boy
Paper: Certainly Celery, Barely Banana, Whisper White
Ink: Certainly Celery (Craft), Barely Banana, Apricot Appeal, Bashful Blue
Accessories: 1-1/4" Square punch, 1-3/8" Square punch, 5/8" Certainly Celery grosgrain ribbon, Gelly Roll Stardust, Stampin' Dimensionals, sponge daubers


Happy Stampin'!

7 comments:

Lorie said...

Oh, Jane...I'm so sorry you guys haven't been feeling well! Lots of wishes for a much better 4th of July for all of you!

Super cute card...as usual!

Laurel said...

I hope everyone feels better soon. Cute card!

Far North said...

Gosh sounds like you all got it BAD! Hope it passes for everyone very quickly!!!

congrats on your class!!!...sounds like lots of fun!
....Jan

jo said...

Hope you're feeling better now Jane x

Anonymous said...

oooouuuu that is no fun. Glad it didn't last too long!

Jenn said...

Oh my! Jane, I hope you and your baby are feeling better now!!! Being sick is no fun, especially with those temps. I love the card you created, oh so sweet! I just order my first unity set, can't wait for it to get here!!! Take care hon! :D

Anonymous said...

My goodness, girlie! Hope you & the boys are all well now and causing trouble again! Happy 4th to you (albeit late)!

I love this card - too cute. Are the button details stamps or by hand?

xoxox Amy